Verify that you are eligible to apply
- venture instructionsCandidates must be nominated.
- Candidates must be registered UW undergraduate students, pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
Develop your proposal
Nominees considered for awards by the selection committee are invited to submit a project proposal. (Applications for Venture Scholarships are not accepted. Students must be nominated.)
Proposals should include:
- Motivation for doing the project
- Significance to the community/field
- Preparation/ability to manage this project through to completion
- Personal statement about the learning potential and personal growth expected. What does engaging in this project mean to your future? Why this is the right time to undertake this project?
- Plan of action, description of project feasibility, major obstacles and/or implementation challenges.
- Unofficial transcript
- Cover Form (Until the form is available, please include in your proposal your full name, student number, mailing address and email address.)
- (Optional) Supporting materials such as pictures, CV, multi-media project samples.
Student proposals should be submitted electronically firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 171 Mary Gates Hall. Only one copy is necessary.
If you have need-based financial aid, please read the information provided under Financial aid. In addition, if you are awarded a Venture Scholarship, the funds will be placed onto your student account. You may wish to sign up forDirect deposit to expedite the process should you be awarded a scholarship.
There is no deadline. Nominations from faculty mentors are accepted anytime.