Tutor in a K-12 classroom or community organization for at least 2-3 hours per week. 1 quarter minimum commitment.
Do you want to tutor with Pipeline through an academic class? If so, click here for our Inner Pipeline Seminars.
Do you want to tutor with Pipeline as a volunteer, not through an academic class? If so, follow the steps below!
Steps to Getting Started as a Volunteer:
1. RSVP and attend an upcoming Orientation through Pipeline EXPO. Click on red button to "Sign in" with your UW NetID. Orientation availability and schedules are listed after you create youraccount.
- Click on the orientation date you wish to attend to confirm location. Please arrive on time, as late attendees will be asked to attend another orientation. Also, please bring a photo ID (driver's license or Husky Card) to the orientation, as a Washington State Patrol Background Check will be completed for all prospective tutors.
- If you don’t see an orientation that fits your schedule, check the orientation list next week, as we add new orientations every two weeks.
- If you are enrolled in an EDUC 401 Inner Pipeline seminar, your orientation will be on the first day of class and you do not need to sign up for an orientation ahead of time.
2. Print a Background Check Authorization Form and bring the completed form to your orientation.
3. Search tutor positions and identify the schools that fit your schedule and interests through Pipeline EXPO.
For more resources, check out the Pipeline Project Tutoring Handbook HERE.