Tutor in a K-12 classroom or community organization for a minimum of 1 hour per week.
- 1 quarter minimum commitment.
- To become a Pipeline volunteer, follow these simple steps:
- RSVP and attend an upcoming Orientation through Pipeline EXPO.
Orientation availability and schedules are listed through our online EXPO system after you initiate an account. Click on the orientation date you wish to attend to confirm location. Please arrive on time, as late attendees will be asked to attend another orientation. Also, please bring a photo ID (driver's license or Husky Card) to the orientation, as a Washington State Patrol Background Check will be completed for all prospective tutors.
If you are enrolled in an EDUC 401 seminar, your orientation will be on the first day of class and you do not need to sign up for an orientation ahead of time.
- Print a Background Check Authorization Form and bring the completed form to your orientation.
- Search tutor positions and identify your top three schools that work with your schedule and interests through Pipeline EXPO and please make sure you click on red button "Sign in" with your UW NetID. Bring this list to your orientation.
- For more resources, check out the Pipeline Project Tutoring Handbook HERE.