TWO SECTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
Facilitator: Tiffany Katanyoutanant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Class meets on Tuesdays.
- Start Date: 10/8
- Time: 3:00-4:20 pm
- Location: LOW 116
Facilitator: Adaurennaya Onyewuenyi (email@example.com)
- Class meets on Wednesdays.
- State Date: 10/2
- Time: 4:00-5:20 pm
- Location: MGH 082A
This seminar is designed as an exploration into the world of contemporary political, social, and educational issues in K-12 public schools. Students will learn about pressing educational topics, issues, and questions (such as the achievement gap, Race to the Top, and charter schools) while concurrently tutoring in a local school and experiencing how these concepts play out on the ground level.
For this seminar, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
- 1 credit: 2.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 2 credits: 2.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 3 credits: 5 hours tutoring/week (at least 40 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 4 credits: 7.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 60 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 5 credits: 10 hours tutoring/week (at least 80 hours tutoring/quarter)